Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sick At Work, Part II

I am still sick. At work, again. They didn’t send me anyone yesterday from scheduling. My staff pharmacist never called me back. And I’m here, yet again.

I was a good pharmacygirl last night, too.

I went home when I got off at 8pm, and watched a little bit of a movie, and went to be early. After I drank 3 or so glasses of scotch. Hey, whiskey is a good cough suppressant, right?

So, this morning I got to work about 10 minutes early. I am behind the counter, starting up the computers, unlocking the gates, checking for faxes, etc. The lights are off. This guy can see me and starts shouting at me.

“It burns when my wife pees!”

I’m not even open. But I’m feeling generous (maybe because I’m sick?), so I come out and show him the Azo Standard, tell him to take his wife to an urgent care when he describes her symptoms.

He’s doubtful. He wants to wait until Monday to take her to the doctor. She’s not just having frequency, burning, and stinging. She’s also having cold sweats, a fever, and back and body aches. I assure him that it’s best to take her to an urgent care clinic today for antibiotics.

He probably won’t. But I did the best I could.

I should follow my own advice and go the doctor. I would if I didn’t have to be here.

No comments: