Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Culichi Haiku

My g/f is bringing me lunch today to work. She is bringing me something that I crave continuously. I ordered it once, on a whim, at a divey Mexican restaurant in Mesa, AZ. I didn’t know what it was, the menu was in Spanish and none of the staff spoke English. It had a pretty name: Camarones Culichi. I knew camarones were shrimp. I didn’t yet understand the gloriousness of the “Culichi” part of the recipe.

I thought I’d write a Culichi haiku, because I’m not very good at poetry but Culichi deserves to have epic sonnets written about its deliciousness. A haiku is about the best I can do.

My love, Culichi
How decadent and gooey
Your cheesy shrimpness

I tired once to make Culichi at home, and failed miserably. My Culichi’s home is Taqueria Cajeme, and I will have no other.

No comments: