Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You have the power

If any of you out there are retail pharmacists working for a corporation and hating it, here is a word of advice.

LEAVE

You have the power. There is a pharmacist shortage. Quit letting them boss you around, micromanage your vacation time, and undermine your every decision. You are professionals. You deserve to be treated like one.

There is a regional manager working for a corporation in my area who recently quit. Why? His wife had a baby very prematurely. The baby was in the NICU and he wanted to be there with his wife. The corporation told him that he couldn't have any time off, so he quit. He has the right idea - he can go get a new job anywhere, but they cannot find a replacement regional manager so easily. (By the way, regional pharmacy manager has the be THE WORST job of the all time. Can you imagine? Dealing with customer complaints, penny pushing, etc).

My new job is awesome, lots of compouding. I feel like I'm using my brain again. The only downside I can see is potential unwanted hair growth and hormone imbalances from all the progesterone, estriol, liothyronine, testosterone, DHEA dust that I'm inhaling. Maybe I should start wearing a mask....

No comments: